Saturday, September 10, 2005

Half punched!Another butterfly in the making.

Posted by Picasa

Butterflies are free.........(says the old song)

A little stitching (and re-planning ) has occurred this week,after I sifted through my "mad woman's breakfast" stash,which has mainly gone into waiting...for the second "bag of fun."
I really think that I should frogstitch that RED twisted Basque stitch as I've gone into other colour ways to those I first planned,BUT-----!
another part of me says to leave it for shock value.
Perhaps when I complete and add the second punched butterfly it will be easier to make a decision!

Posted by Picasa

Thursday, September 08, 2005

My block for Marian--------Here is one of the Dancing Fans block that I've worked on for Marian!The central patch holds a wreath of silk ribbon flowers and pearl beads;A bullion stitched "fan" with silk ribbon and pearls is on the upper green patch,and the seam braid (with different treatments) is on two of the seam lines and I used a "Twisted Basque stitch" in rasberry rayon Marlitt on the lower burgandy patch.

Posted by Picasa

Monday, September 05, 2005

Punched Butterfly:Needing to have antenna back stitched into position (which will be done after I've appliqued him to the bag) one punched Butterfly.

Posted by Picasa

Sunday, September 04, 2005

Update on THAT bag...........

All that really has happened to it( Bag of Fun Challenge) is that I've unearthed MORE bits ' pieces to embellish the bag with:
Having decided that I was wasting too much time attempting to punch needle on denim,I've gone back to using a calico foundation,which will then be appliqued to the bag when the motifs are completed.

After spending the afternoon yesterday at a (jazz) dance display at ANZ Stadium,my sweet grand daughter presented me with a denim skirt she had outgrown,saying
"Gran,a bag for ME would be nice!!(how could I say NO)
At least with the skirt having a red waistband,colour has already been introduced to the equation.
I must visit Spotlight tomorrow.............I've found that my stock of (very) lightweight cotton is non existent and if I want to make those "jocks for a cure" I'll need to buy more fabric in order to make a start on that project.
With that in mind,I'll close off here and go punch a thread or three,as well as a little more work on Marian's Dancing Fan blocks