One way and another,it's been a busy week for me:
Slowly coming to grips with "how" to manage my new Blog(and a few red faces along the way); a few medical hiccups,and completing those naked fan blocks for "that" RR.
Today was a "full-on" day:joining up with five othersewing/quilting/crafty/mad friends and going down to Brisbane for a dose of "Stitches and Craft" frenzy.
It's amazing how many people you bump into........that you've met a)In the district
b)via the Internet.
For all the negative comments you hear from some regarding internet communication,I have only positive vibes,and a depleted bank balance.
But I've enjoyed myself and widened my horizons,so I'm happy.
Besides "must have items" like a clover mini iron for my CQ (----"they" tell me that Ken Smith uses his to press crinkles INTO his silk fabrics!!Must try that!!
I purchased more threads,buttons,beads,charms,laces etc.
The tatting needles I bought last year "needed" a needle tatting book,another demonstration and some gorgeous vareigated yarn.............guess what I'm going to play with over the weekend??
Tuesday,next week,I hope to post my naked fan blocks on to the next RRer----unless I change my mind again,and make a naked block for a Scrip bag.........decisions,decisions!!
Friday, April 29, 2005
Monday, April 25, 2005
First up,once again I admit my ignorance:
Blogger wasn't disagreeing with me;I wasn't reading/interpreting directions correctly.
is up and running with accredited members who can do their own posting.
Over the weekend I've constructed 3 CQed Fan blocks for use in a RR.
I started off using LindaB's "destructions",but ended up with traditional piecing and applique.
Using a six inch(finished) block/foundation I drew this up on paper in three elements:
The background;fan blades and the 1/4 circle base.Using my paper"patterns" I pieced with sew and flip and then appliqued each element.
I also used a white lace around the upper edge of the fan blades for extra emphasis of fan shape.
Just remember, when using these templates to allow an extra 1/4 inch for turnings and applique.
Posted by Maureen at 5:07 pm