Some time back I was approached via my blog to swap with someone in France;
This week,the upper ATC arrived from Janine.
Unfortunately my photography does show the detail : the black background fabric has "LANCEL" woven into it.
My attempts for overseas swaps once again feature Australiana fabrics featuring Wildflowers;the lower card is encased in bridal tulle,because I choes to add some Australian Wildflowers stamps to the reverse side.
Saturday, August 04, 2007
Tuesday, July 31, 2007
I've finally completed some........not only did I use Japanese stamps,but some Australian stamps I thought she might like.
Three of the Atcs are worked on offcuts of deconstructed kimonos...........regular readers may recognise the orange and the green fabrics!
Two were worked on offcuts of painted Timtex from another project;
One I used aqua Habutai silk to tone with the stamp's colour
and the final one used Australiana quilters fabric.
The green fabric ATCs have both Australian & Japanese stamps.
The gold cards are the painted timtex,with appliqued leaves cut from Rainbow Pellon.
I tried to keep the embellishing simple,in order not to distract from the stamps impact.
Posted by Maureen at 5:14 pm
Each block has a different treament,ranging from micro beadsto hand embroidery to needle felting/embellishing.
Also of interest is the paper she mounted the art squares upon;
For more information on how she achieved this surface from crinkled magazine pages,do go visit her blog SuZ Stuff~~~~~a journey from point A to pointB~~~
Posted by Maureen at 2:21 pm