Saturday, September 15, 2012


 Because Vivian left comment and a query regarding
WORD CLOUD, I just had to renew my thoughts on the subject!
Using I played for a while, initially using words referring to my "battles" learning to become proficient with the EMBIRD software , computers and embroidery machine.
Then I realized that my printer need  new ink supplies!

The first photo shows LOW lacking in ink supplies my Printer was.
So.....something I should have done weeks ago: I visited "Cartridge World" and got supplies.

Photo two and three shows two wordclouds printed on ExtravOrganza and laid over black chintz in the first card, and sky printed fabric in the second.
 For some reason, the Organza didn't print "squarely" and the  resultant cards are slightly skewiff.

Over on PostmarkdArt, a while back, Maureen Callahan wrote an excellent article about wordclouds, and she mentioned Tagxedo

But, being a bear of little brain (myself) so far I have not had satisfactory results.

So, try the links, and have some fun!

Posted by Picasa

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Bring on the books!

 As a slight change, I've been "playing" with fabric bookmarks for a swap over on PCMA.

Funny, isn't it! You think "How difficult can it be, making a bookmark!"

My first attempt, trying to keep within a parameter of two inches maximum width, by a maximum of eight inches, was a Gumleaf--- :I used Florist's wire as the central vein to add stiffness to the fabrics that had been fused together  with Vlisoflex.

The next card
  featured a machine embroidered Aussie wildflower and some very basic crazy patchwork .

Unfortunately, this book mark "blew out" to 3.5 inch width because of the size of the m/e flower. I may go back and prune the length to a more manageable size.

Finding some black and white cat print in my stash, I played with the rough outline of a cat. On both sides of the bookmark I employed the cat fabric.

More to follow with the next upload of scans.

Posted by Picasa