Thursday, February 02, 2006

Another trial run



This mess was another trial run:
A few weeks back on January 11,I played with a prepared artist's board,bits 'n pieces of braid and lace and Lumiere paints.

I got to wondering how prepared canvas pages would work as post cards,so yesterday I found out:
I can get four (nearly) 6x4 inch rectangles from a page.I used PVA craft glue to adhere the bits to the canvas;Gave the whole a coating of Lumiere #554 Sunset Gold and then tried out Halo Blue gold(yuk) and pearlescent magenta on various bits.
Next time I'll try the quilters spray as adhesive.
Now to determine how the machine stitches on the canvas. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Di said...

Maureen
Hi. I was interested to see you using canvas for your postcards. Being a complete ignoramaus in this sort of thing could you tell me what sort of canvas it is and how you prepared it? I do like the idea very much.

Di (UK)

Maureen said...

Di,
I still haven't decided if I did "right" or "wrong".The canvas I bought was a Canvas Pad,size A4:10 sheets Acrylic Gesso primed;Acid free;suitable for any medium.
Cost about $4 Au at one of those "cheapie stores" I still haven't ried it through the sewing machine,but can't forsee any problems.