Thursday, February 16, 2006

Fabric Art Journals

As if I wasn't in enough hot water with a monthly Art Quilt,
the 6x4lives , two Postcard swaps , 1000 Journals, and Chain of Hearts ,I joined Fabric Art Journals
and found myself floundering:
Lack of ideas,
lack of expertise,
lack of imagination.I'm sure you can realise how depressed I've been feeling.

I was bouncing ideas off a NZ friend, when serendipitously Arlee of Fabric Art Journals posted a link to another member's blog;
Vicky has "Gone to the Dogs" and has published a great tutorial on rocks!! (and if you want to link to "Gone to the Dogs" click on the heading of this article,not the underlined blog name :-(
(Don't laugh....do you know how HARD it is to create a lifelike rock?)
So now I can try and improve my river bank.

But back to my FAJ.........okay it's a book title,and one I loved as a kid!
But,there's a twist......Think of an "old fashioned story"....published 1899 and.....??

Anyway,I hope I've whetted your curiousity,because it will get curiouser and curiouser ............

DONT FORGET to check out the links to granite making in the meantime,
I'm off to play with a river bank!

5 comments:

Jo in NZ said...

Maureen, your link didn't link, but I did find it. Those rocks were great.
I was thinking that you could make some great rocks with solvy, using the snippets and light and dark for shading, but with the added texture of some raw edges. What do you think.
Of course, I've never used solvy

Margaret said...

Thanks Maureen. If I could do anything anywhere near those rocks I'd be over the moon. Will have a try, probably go my own way a bit too. I have to do a beach scene for a challenge in my Quilters group, so its quite appropriate. I did do a nice sea scene a couple of years ago (no rocks). It is now in our daughters bathroom, so I'll have to go visit to have a look what I did. Margaret

Anonymous said...

Hey Maureen,
Glad the write-up was useful! Where can I see pictures of your river bank?
Vicky

arlee said...

"Lack of ideas,
lack of expertise,
lack of imagination." NEVER SAY THAT!!!! MAureen! If that were true you wouldn't have this blog, or be interested in the FAJ---slapping you with an imagination noodle! You go girl on your journal--i can't wait to see how it turns out :}

Maureen said...

Okay! I retract the lack of imagination........but hey I'm sticking with lack of expertise!