Friday, April 21, 2006

Bootie!

Today I went with several stitching friends To the Brisbane Stitches and Craft Show .www.stitchesandcraft.com.au
Although I must admit to being a little disappointed because I found NO Wool Rovings or Heat guns, I was happy to find that one of my favourites, Button Barn had heaps more goodies than I had cash,so a "few' dollars changed hands....I won't see them again until next April/May,but I HAD to have at least one of their German vintage hand wrapped buttons..the one on the left!
I'll attempt better pics and editing over the weekend.
Naturally I also visited the Lace Cottage and bought several metres of tatting.............much better than my attempts!
I was really disappointed that no Needle felters were there--and now I'm very tempted to purchase a Babylock Embellisher! Less painful and a heap faster than hand/needle felting.
I'll go sleep on it!
(Who needs food!!)
 Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Sophie said...

Food is definitely over-rated - especially when it comes down to a choice between eating or textiles!!

Julia said...

Well done Maureen...
Great collection for the "Stash"...

Hunter said...

Oh, pretty. Shiny things!

Darilyn