Sunday, April 09, 2006

Finished at last!

 
The March AJQ,which was originally planned as being the February project is as complete as I can manage!
This is the "mark two" version;hopefully I'll complete the "markone" in a day or so,and publish it for comparison.

This one,I'm calling "Stagnation"------

As you may remember from earlier postings I'm attempting a series based on various aspects of the Murray River which is accepted as an Australian icon.
Unfortunately the river is not too healthy in parts these days,due to irrigation demands,climatic conditions and encroaching civilisation;so this was my attempt at portraying the patches of blue-green algae that occur sometimes in the Summer season.

Has it worked?? Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Hunter said...

I love the shapes and the colors. It's very expressive. It's great.

Darilyn

abeautifulcraft said...

Maureen, you could win a major art award with this lovely creation! hugs 'me'