Wednesday, July 22, 2009

ELEMENTS : Leaves





My brief is to take a 12 by 12 inch square of Fast2Fuse or similar material and create LEAVES.
Whether I make one leaf or cover the entire surface with leaves is my choice.
The twelve inch square is then to be cut into six (4 x 6 inch sized) postcards ,and mail off five of the cards to the others participating.

On the message side of each card I need to describe specifically and clearly the materials and processes used.

After thinking about the challenge for a couple of months,I decided to use one of my favourite themes:
No prize for guessing
that I chose AUTUMN which gave me the opportunity to employ the pressed and dried Maple and Gingko leaves that I brought home from Japan last year.

Using some Homespun cotton fabric and Pebeo transparent paints I applied a wash to the fabric as back ground for the leaves.

The leaves were scanned and adjusted, and finally I printed the scanned leaves to the treated fabric using Celcast fabric carrier sheets.


And that is as far as I have progressed............(watch this space)

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Margaret Price said...

Great to see you back with crafting Maureen. Your leaves look fab. I just got back from the big overseas holiday, so I also need to "get back" into crafting. Margaret