Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Derwent water solubles colour charts


Today's mail delivered my tin of 12 Derwent Watersoluble  Metallic  Pencils,
and I thought that if I made a colour page, showing the pencil in both a dry condition as well as a water washed chip, I would have a better idea of how to use them.
I must admit I am unhappy with the effects: I did expect a more metallic effect from washing the swatches.
Maybe, if they are done on fabric , the result would be different.
 The page showing 24 colours is the colour swatch of the
Derwent Inktense Pencils: I am more than happy with the results.

The first photo was done back in  February, when I first had a play with
Inktense Blocks, when all I had in mind was playing with the actual blocks, dragging them along their sides to see how they would react.
I really should do a "proper" colour chart!

Since first getting the blocks, I have now a grater in my possession, which should help in preparing fabrics or paper with an even wash

Posted by Picasa

No comments: