Monday, February 10, 2014

White on white

Isn't it funny, how one gets an idea/inspiration for a theme and then proceeds in an entirely different direction! This happened to me when I chose "White on white" for the current round of swaps in Postmark'dArt I originally planned on using "safe" Candlewicking or even Montmellick type embroideries THEN I started moving outside my comfort zone I thought of the wool and silk batts I have that are (more or less) WHITE. Take note of the "more or less" After I had needlefelted a couple of 4by6 inch blanks for the postcards, I found that the "white" silk I had used actually had pink fibres incorporated in it! These fibres weren't visible in the batt, only when the fibres were felted together!

Above are two attempts: N/f base with digitised machine-embroidered design and hand embroidered embellishing

2 comments:

sharonb said...

These are lovely Maureen - I like you move out of you comfort zone - as you say

Anonymous said...

I like those!