Monday, January 31, 2005

Another UFO bites the dust

KenmaursCorner


Another UFO bites the dust............
well,nearly!
Yesterday,I finally finished the top of my "Starry starry skies" quilt.
It was commenced in 2003 (I think) as a Swap on Wombats Place.
Not content with the 12 blocks I received I had to do
more,
and ended up with 25(and a few extra).
Staying with shades of blue with a WoW background I cut,sewed;cursed;frog-stitched and resewed ;and finally yesterday,the log-cabin style sashing was completed;
I have the backing, and now I'll chicken out and let someone else do the quilting!
In the meantime,I must remember to bring a step ladder into the house and photograph this step in the quilt's evolution.
I'm still a little disappointed that the Large central(southern Cross) star didn't "fit"----so I guess that's a UFO until I can think up a way to tie it in to the decor: a wall hanging maybe? No.........wouldnt "fit" the room.As a central feature of a continental pillow?
Maybe-----

No comments: