Saturday, February 05, 2005

Deanna'sDYB by MaureenC


Deanna'sDYB by MaureenC
Originally uploaded by curli.
This block for DeannaF featured some new tecniques for me.I'd heard about "silk fusion" and had to try it out(using very basic instructions and very little know-how) The butterfly on the brown patch was the outcome.
I'd never made wire edged flowers either,hence the large yellow pansy;The dark green patch has a chain stitched tree with red beads for fruit;A black (beaded) spider lurks on the lower red satin patch, and a Monogram in the upper left corner completes the block.

2 comments:

Maureen said...

Maureen, I think your silk fusion is very pretty. I have been making some today, also felted some wool with silk bombex added. Wild!

Maureen said...

Thanks for the encouragement Maureen........will check out your "Tangled Threads" in case there's a pic of your
felted silk/bombex as you've totally lost me regarding what I'll expect to see!
Maureen(the one that "lives" HERE!!!