Friday, December 02, 2005

Cats on bags


Link

Ingredients:
Cat fabric,Vlisoflex,sharp scissors,thread to tone

Take one piece of cat fabric
select the cats you want and cut it from fabric.
Iron vlisoflex (double sided fusible) to the wrong side of the fabric,then peel off paper backing and iron cat shape in position.
I generally draw and cut rough outline on Vlisoflex first,so none gets wasted.......and I also use a sheet of ovenbake to prevent vlisoflex STICKING to iron,ironing board,other fabrics,etc!
I generally prefer to satin stitch around the shape by machine and because of this I like to leave about 1/8th inch "seam allowance" around the shape.
The cats are actually hand stitched buttonhole because the sewing went with me this morning to Oncology clinic where it was difficult to take my Janome!

The flowers on Kim's bag were machine appliqued.....faster & neater!

No comments: