Sunday, December 11, 2005

That kimono fabric...again

 

Earlier in the year I took up the Challenge of a Very Tiny Block;It was to be shown in the ( sadly, now defunct) CQNewsletter and I have no idea what has happened to it,so I feel free to show it!
That said,the completed block is 2 inches by 2.5 inches and the fabrics used are all silk: from kimono off cuts.
To keep weight and seam allowances to a minimum,I also used a silk as the foundation fabric!!
(Talk about slip-sliding away!)
Anyway I had in mind,red hills recovering after a bushfire.......the location of the first Australian CQ Retreat outside Canberra might have had something to do with that!
The black frame around the landscape is a template I use to check how my layout is going............I guess I'll just have to attempt to make me another one! Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that little art piece Maureen. I also love working with silk, and by sheer coincidence I am doing mobile phone bags too. Have done 3 recently. They are fun to do, after I burnt out on Christmas Ornies. Cheers, Margaret
P.S Cat looks good too.