Saturday, December 17, 2005

Unexpected visitors

 
To set the scene:We have a garden shed that has been adapted for use as a cattery when we're away over night ,or we have visitors that the cats are uncomfortable with(read little kids!)
I went out this morning to clean up the cattery and prepare for the Christmas weekend:
went to reposition one carton and found it surprisingly heavy!
Glancing down,my immediate reaction was
"I don't recognise that fabric"
(Now remember that I'm an obsessive CQer,patch-worker and home dress-maker----)
Closer scrutiny showed me it wasn't fabric but a Carpet snake/python.

Grabbing Jesse,our feline foreman I made a hasty retreat and returned with my trusty digital camera............the cats will be sleeping some-where else this christmas! Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Jacqui said...

Shouldn't the snake be sleeping somewhere else? :)

Maureen said...

YES.....
anywhere but in the house or the cattery!
Jacqui,once not so long ago,it used to be said every second house in Queensland had its resident carpet snake!
They are handy for keeping mice and rat population DOWN.....

Calidore said...

Ekkk - A snake!!! Yes I know it's probably harmless but that don't mean I have to like it. Actually would you like some of our blue tongue lizards that are everywhere at the moment? They are supposed to keep snakes down to a reasonable level. (Mind you even one is not a reasonable level for me) I hope the cats, and you, got over the shock of your visitor.

Maureen said...

Thankfully Monty Python seems to have moved on.....at least I can't find him----not that I looked too diligently;after all he wasn't hurting me!
I guess the next visitor will be a bearded dragon or two.........the birds generally inform us when they're around!