Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Another experimental play



Yesterday the postie delivered a package of Lumiere paints that I've anxiously been waiting for!
I had prepared a piece of cotton fabric and stapled it to a frame and then I smothered a rectangular area with quilters basting spray
(Safety hint:this definitely needs to be done outside or in a well ventilated area!
Once I felt the adhesive was tacky enough,I started positioning bits of braid,lace and motifs in the marked area and then left it all to dry.


">Link As I commenced the FUN part today(using the paints) I realised that I need a few more textural bits added.
In the meantime,this is how it's looking and I've only used 3 colours with varying amounts of water to dilute the paint.
Incidentally the same paint has been used on the large daisy motifs as on the lace motif that's not fully coloured.

2 comments:

Maureen said...

Note to self: REMEMBER to place block in the same position each time you photograph a new phase!!
Duh!

Hunter said...

This is quite lovely work Maureen.

I'm so fighting the urge to start playing with paint. I saw a show on painting silk and it's been driving me crazy. Thank goodness I have no room to work with dyes or paints or I'd start another whole new hobby.

Please take lots of pictures so I can live vicariously through your painting. ;)

Darilyn