Tuesday, January 10, 2006

An answer for Catherine

">Link
Catherine asked how much stitching was required to keep layers together:
Not much!
The piece probably didn't even need the tulle overlay,but I wanted to try using my zipper foot to outline the beads closely,and that's why...............

I put a fairly hefty and tacky layer of basting spray on the fabric initially (next time I'll use a craft glue , and brush and dab) and I used tweezers,toothpick and rubber gloves to firmly squish the fabric confetti into the goo.

I left it to dry out for about 24 hours before I went to the next step of adding the tulle.
I'm still toying with the idea of embellishing over the quilting lines........

When is enough
ENOUGH?

1 comment:

Calidore said...

If I can finish my ocean doll, ignore the housework and the mending that is threatening to fall over on me in the sewing room, I want to try this confetti stuff. Sounds like lots of fun. Thanks for answering the question.