Friday, January 27, 2006

The cat in the hat!

 

I went to my first Red Hat society luncheon on Wednesday,and no amount of retail therapy helped me find the requisite red hat.
After a bit of research on the Net and finding only a men's pattern I decided to make my own pill-box .
(Move over Jacqui Kennedy Onassis..............)and this was the result.
A copper button in a froth of tulle on six inch diameter " pill-box" and I was ready to go.
I can feel a wardrobe of hats coming on! Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Linda said...

Oh My Sainted Great Aunt!

Julia said...

Photo please of you wearing the hat!
Don't forget you have to wear a purple dress with your red hat..

Maureen said...

Sorry Julia.......(VBG)I only take piccies,not be "in" them!
(Besides the cat in the hat looks more..........modish?)
And yes I do have a poiple jacket,which nearly got donated to chloe a year or so back!

arlee said...

yes yes yes love the hat!!! Making one's own is so much more satisfying!!!