Sunday, March 26, 2006

March AJQ "mark1"

 
When I first committed to this project I thought to use various stages of the Murray River as my theme........
The March quilt started life as the February quilt..went into the "too hard"basket and my Cat-tonic came to life instead as a bit of idiot relief.

Returning to the proposed "Blue-green algal blooms" this is the result which still needs binding,etc.

I'm not happy with the "heaviness" of the top..........meant to represent the river bank,so it's back to the drawing board and see if "mark2" is any better! Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Nanette said...

You've captured the river and it's algal..sp? blooms really well in Mk1, Mauz, what if you put some net over the brown of the riverbank, maybe subdue that strong colour a bit.

Jane said...

I really like this version. It seems very dynamic and the colors work well together.

Emmy said...

I love this.. the colors are very good togeter It is very dificult to get it as you realy like it ,
I think you did it very good