Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Fabric & Fibre Postcards


Link
As a follow up on the previous postings on Fabric Postcards,I thought it may be worthwhile pointing out that if you're going to make these for swapping,it adds to the intrinsic value if the cards have actually gone through the mail system i.e... Adressed to the recipient ,stamped,and the stamp cancelled!
What I do,is take the card to the Post office and have them hand cancelthe stamp.
Then,before handing it back to the postal clerk,I slip the card into a cellophane(glassine?) envelope,seal it and hand it back for inclusion in the mail that it NOT
machine sorted.
I must admit I tend to use the clear envelope only when the embellishments may be damaged or snagged in normal postal handling.
It works for both local(Australian) and International mailings and it is still acceptable to go through at Postcard rates rather than the normal letter rates,
(and Customs can see what is in the envelope too!)

No comments: