Friday, June 23, 2006

Fibre fusion and Tyvek film

 
 

These two Postcards are the result of combining two techniques for an Abstract effect.
The base of both cards is 'silk paper' which I made last weekend;the shapes are Lumiere painted Tyvek film which has been heat treated.......I commenced with my heat gun,got frightened at how quickly the Tyvek shrunk at low heat,and finished by placing baking parchment over the film and passing a linen heat iron over the back of the previously cut out shapes.
Then using ribbon floss in the bobbin,and working on the wrong side of the card I stitched an abstract pattern.
The first card then had sari embroidery fibres teased out and held down by the Tyvek shape,which was stitched down at strategic points.
Because the second card had zig-zag shapes,which I felt would lose their effect with stitching,I laid tulle over all,and then stitched around the shapes to anchor it all.

Later in the day,because I had new stocks of both F2F and Timtex,I cut,pressed and started stitching my "My backyard" and "cats" themed cards...........20 in all.
Still quite a bit of work to be done there.

And as for CQ .... I finished what I was doing on two rectangular blocks for an ongoing RoundRobin,and the results can be seen over at my other Blog CQCrazy Blog Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Emmy said...

maureen your hard work is turned out great I love the cards you made lovely colors and texture , wonderful cards

abeautifulcraft said...

Oh and I am the very proud owner of one of these and I love it... the photos don't do them justice!!!!!! I love mine Maureen! huggles