Sunday, December 17, 2006

Secret treasures



Some months back,QA magazines did a feature on "secret treasures"
citing a Balinese influence for the four petalled shape.
I had this carved agate leaf which I felt lent itself to being a Secret Treasure.
I attempted to create a treasure within treasures!

The outer layers of both 'boxes" are an upholstery fabric;A tone on tone cream leaf pattern echoing the shape of the agate leaf.

The smaller "box" is lined with reddish orange dyed silk;
the larger container lining is a cotton quilting fabric.
Both containers were embellished with chunky antique gold FME. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Terri Stegmiller said...

Your secret treasure turned out great. I just made my first one a few weeks back. Have been wanting to make more, just haven't found the time yet. I like your idea about using upholstery fabrics.

Gerry said...

Just popped in to say, "Hello", I check you regularly and it's fun to see you're been posting!