Friday, December 01, 2006

You've got mail!

From Nellie Durand!
Early in November between visiting Nellie's Blog ,and she visiting mine we arranged to swap Postcards.
(The Link for that was my November 9 blog entry.)

Nellie's fibre card ,which is one featuring Lake Michigan was accompanied by another card
"Passing Storm", advertising a Textile Exhibition featuring her work.

Close examination of the fibre card shows the way Nellie has used curved layering to represent the waves of the lake,and added paint/foam on the wave tops.

A visit to her blog is well worth while, not only for all the techniques she shares with the reader,but to enjoy her quilts and artwork.

Now to attempt a card for Nellie! Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Nellie's Needles said...

Thank you for your appreciative comments about my work. I'm pleased you like the postcard. I love that lake and enjoy trying to depict different aspects of it in quilts. There's a series of sunsets over the lake in my earlier postings (Aug/Sept,2005), as well as more lake pieces posted in May and June of this year.

Nellie's Needles said...

PS: The "real" postcard is a photo of "Passing Storm" ... one of my crinkle quilt art pieces.

Calidore said...

Ohh Maureen love the postcards and thanks for posting the link to Nellies site. The beachside postcards she is making have really intrigued me and I defiantely DON'T need anymore projects....vbg - but they ARE tempting. If I send you scraps - want to make some for me.....roflol.

Helen in the UK said...

This landscape card is gorgeous :)