Thursday, June 07, 2007

We've had RAIN............


.............and aren't the plants enjoying it!

Our rainwater tank is full and our yard can not soak up any more moisture.
Even the front yard which was pretty badly abused with heaps of soil,gravel,timber and an industrial waste bin is recovering.
The dead looking bare brown patches are greening into grass.
Mother Nature can be so forgiving.

The top photo is of a Cordyline fruticosa----one of my favourites with its blend of pinks,green and cream.Behind it is a dark burgandy cultivar and the narrow leaf is a "walking Iris" I liberated from my son's garden.

The middle photo is a combination of an Impatiens in the foreground ,and (yet another plant liberated from my son's garden a few year's back)I'm not sure of the correct botanical name,but commonly called variegated goose foot ,I think.

And the last photo.....Clivea,Draecena and unknown fern.

The draecena and fern languished in pots on a back patio at our original KenMaursCorner in the Caboolture Shire.
They really have relished the relocation.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: