Friday, January 07, 2011

Murky Moreton Bay






I was awoken this morning by a thunder storm! More rain!
As the weather bureau issued a severe weather and high tide warning for south-east Queensland coastal areas,I thought I might get some good pictures.
With the dams having controlled releases there is yet more flood debris making it's way into Moreton Bay, so much so, that even the most dedicated kite surfers were sitting on the lawns at Margate Beach, rather than risking life & limb.
One of my favourite walkways was covered in light debris that had been blown over the sea wall:sea weed and plant material made the concrete pathway a tad slippery.

Anyway, no really spectacular shots I'm afraid, but I thought you might like to see the Bay when it is not so pretty.
Anyway I ENJOYED my walk, and certainly a few cobwebs got blown away!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: