Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Bookmark mania

 The past week I have added yet more bookmarks to my collection.
I wanted to work within a two inch by
six or seven inch format before I decided which five bookmarks I would send to my swap partner, Melody.
My first attempts  resulted in rather bulky pieces in my opinion, so I gave myself permission to play.

My friends know that I don't like patchwork, because I find it difficult to match points and keep squares "square".

1...The turquoise piece is a sunprinted piece where sprigs of  Haresfoot fern were used in the process.
The reverse side features fussy-cut flowers appliqued to a dark green fabric.

2..Features fussy cur flowers again appliqued to a lavendar fabric.

3 and 4.. Gum leaves and gum nuts (or if you prefer Eucalyptus leaves and nuts

 on a greem Homespun.
Reverse sides also feature appliqued leaves.

5... Again you see appliqued flowers and leaves.

There are four or so other book marks which will appear in my next posting.














             5

Posted by Picasa

No comments: