Sunday, July 21, 2013

CQ Postcards

A while back, in early June I think , I agreed to swap Crazy QuiltedPostcards with contacts in Germany and Canada.
I enjoy working and embellishing crazy patch work, especially if I have time for hand-work.
So I went back to one of my earliest loves, silk ribbon embroidery
 to add some violets on the upper card, and wisteria and a blue daisy on the lower card.
A cluster of doll buttons and seed beads was also fun to play with.
Also on the lower card is a cluster of flowers made from gathered rayon ribbon bought some years ago from Peggy of Kalikokottage.

When doing CQ, I most often use "after five" fabrics because I like the glitter and life these fabrics add to a piece.
I also enjoy embellishing the piece with embroidery, trims, buttons, beads and broken jewellery.
Totally impractical for every-day use, but a wonderful lift to the spirit!

Inge and Mary Lou, these are for you.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: