Friday, May 13, 2005

Rainbow tatting and Thread lace

Having parcelled my naked fans ready for mailing,and the BDE pieces being complete,I thought I'd try again to best the needle-tatt
As I tend to a degree of dyslexia( due,I'm sure to the fact that my body is never sure whether it's right hand oriented,or left handed) I find that coming to grips with a new procedure involves a lot of fiddling and then adapting to my needs.
Last night I thought that I'd go back to using a slightly larger needle and a heavier(Anchor perle cotton #8)thread.
I attempted to join rings with chains--------joke!!
I now have to work out,at what stage I reverse the work!! Seems to me I've reversed the work before I even started.
My butterfly looks more like something out of Jurassic Park,and my motif is more than a little cock-eyed!
MORE practice------

On a lighter note:
Last year I read an article by Cindy Thury Smith(the CQNewsletter)
on "Thread Lace".
Having a fair stash of offcuts/endpieces of silk ribbon,embroidery threads and even smidgeons of fancy fabric,I decided to have a play & see what resulted.
Placing these yarns,fibres and threads between two layers of "solvy" and machine stitching it all together it resulted in an A4 sized piece of fabric,which I'll now try cutting into butterflies or dragonfly wings for use as embellishment.
Good fun!

No comments: