Friday, October 07, 2005

Butterflies are free!




Link

With the "growing old disgracefully" aka Red hats Bag of Fun Challenge out of the way,I returned for another attack on the butterflies.
I vlisoflexed two "punched" butterflies to the back ground today,and completed stitching in shades of purple another butterfly,which I'll fix to the bag to-be, tomorrow.
I sorted out a "heap" of fabrics for my Christmas Ornie swap,and decided to use some of that silk from Gail R's kimono off-cuts for the foundation fabric.
Will I construct my Ornies from a "whole cloth" CQ or piece each one individually?
My heart opts for the latter,but my head(and Time constraints) says "Go for the whole cloth method.
Unfortunately I tend to feel this is reducing the originality and lending itself to mass production type of mind-set.
Really,it's too hot for such decisions(35 degree C today,and yesterday,and same predicted tomorrow.......I HATE summer!

No comments: