Monday, May 22, 2006

Stitching for Lefties

 
Stem Stitch


Not the best of pics to illustrate what I'm attempting to explain;I'll try to set up clearer ones tomorrow when I'm less rushed.
This is 'meant to illustrate how I tackle stem stitch as a left hander.
(I'll admit that it is not what stitchery judges like,but it works well for me)

I stitch from RIGHT to LEFT along a line representing the stem line,and most times I stitch with the thread ABOVE the needle.
I initially come up through the fabric above the stem line and then across the line,down through the fabric,coming up again about half the length of the previous stitch Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Maddie Can Fly said...

LOVE IT! I'm left handed also. If you know how to do herringbone and/or cretan would you please, please show pictures? Pretty please? I cannot figure these out from the books.