Sunday, September 10, 2006

Fabric and fibre Postcards: Day 25


Link

By now,you've porobably checked out the link (in my previous posting) to CQCrazy,where I commented on my first attempts at ATC construction.

ATCs or Artist TradingCards are the size of a business card (2.5 by 3.5 inches) and are made for swapping,and not for sale.

My first attempts at these were for a Japanese themed haiku, and research into the masters Basho;
Buson;
Issa;
Suju Takano ,and others ,
has prompted me to choose a couple of Haiku that appealed to me,
and then to construct a Postcard to try to interpret the words.

Consequently today you will only see the verses I have chosen:


A crane
Shading in the evening twilight
Trails its smokelike wings. (Kakio Tomizawa)



Evening hailstones
Beat branches.
Their whiteness. (Suju Takano)


I leave you to visualise for yourselves an interpretation,and hope you return visit to see what I do.

No comments: