Monday, September 11, 2006

Fabric 'n fibre postcards

 


The best laid plans of this woman frequently go astray!

Events conspired to prevent me accomplishing my targets for today.
Consequently,this is all I have to show for one of my Haiku postcards:

I ended up de-constructing a child's kimono because it was white with a Chrysanthemum motif woven through it and I thought I could use it to represent an icy
landscape.
I've used back stitch for the hills outlines,and chain stitch and back stitch for the tree(s) branches.
Hopefully,I'll accomplish more tonight.
I have to admit: I get better results with the camera!

Then tomorrow,I may work out WHY my printer is "on strike".
Of course,the fact that a fabric sheet carrier jammed the works this morning would have nothingto do with it...............! Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

katiejayinpa said...

Maureen, I happen to love this card just the way it is. i don;t know what you are planning to do with it, but i hope it;s not much..i can see maybe some printed words (small) in the space but just llike it is. it;s amazing. The lines of the tree and the white space say it all for me.

ktj