Thursday, July 05, 2007

Colour me GREEN

Today's mail delivered two surprises.........both green ....
The first,is a truly dainty set of PSIs from a FAT (Fiber Art Trader) , Diane B from
Washington state.
Three of the four feature small metallic charms applied to machine stitched/quilted backgrounds;
Isn't that spray of flowers cute?(my favourite)

The fourth block is a shaker block:
Diane has applied a layer of organza over a sprinkling of loose stars.

I need to find out how Diane attached those shapes---craft glue? heat fix?


Then,
from Susan N of Art2Mail group 29 sent me this "Curves on strips"
postcard.!

A clever use of strips of fabric ranging from apricot through to deepest green, and machine quilted in curving lines,with a rainbow variegated thread.
I may be wrong,but it looks to me as though at least one of the fabrics used may have been sun dyed.




Also in today's mail..........was my ISP account!!
I'm glad I looked at my treasures first.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Vicki W said...

Great mail! Love the green inchies!