Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Paper fabric


Because I'm awaiting delivery of goodies from both The Thread Studio and Ebay,I've taken a breather from my Autumn pieces and thought I'd make an attempt at paper fabric.

In Issue 12 of CPS mag there was an article on a paper quilt----
and as I've received cards from my friends Belle,and MaureenG that stimulated my senses,
here I am today,with homespun,Acrylic glue,tissue paper and sundry bits and pieces.

I tried to stay with the KISS principle but even so I nearly messed up--
like not realising how quickly glue saturated tissue paper will dry in summer!
Consequently I did not achieve the bleeding of the acrylic paint into the tissue layers as much as I 'd hoped.

So the first photo is of the layered and glue saturated tissues (white,pink and green) and the strips of lavender mulberry paper that I added (hopefully) for further texture.


The second stage,was where I added Lumiere Sun gold metallic and Pearlescent pink paints in the hopes of adding a bit more pizzazz.


I can feel more postcards coming on.......

Posted by Picasa

No comments: