Saturday, January 21, 2006

How I "did" it


Link
What can I say..........except it was trial and error.
I had an idea of what I wanted...........dead,dying red-gums in a wetland.

A piece of quilting fabric gave me the trunks .....with some fussy cutting;

I wanted a swampy,blue-green algae effect,so I shredded some dyed silk-tops,and added some (saved) thread and fibre off-cuts;

To keep the fibres and fabric in place,I placed black tulle over the fabric and fibres;
Added the other two layers of the quilt sandwich and using black embroidery threads machined the sandwich together.I tried to accent the tree shapes with some stitching shadowing the trunk and branch outlines,as well as just swirls of fog/mist.

So you could say the result was a mish-mash of shadow quilting and solvy type thread lace..without the solvy!

And if you can "see" what I've tried to portray............
I guess that I've succeeded.

No comments: