Thursday, January 19, 2006

It's not as easy as I thought...........

 
..trying to create an Art Journal quilt!

I committed to an Art quilt journal for 2006 with an online group,and this entails a minimum of 5 quilts in the year,but,hopefully,one a month.

As January is galloping to its conclusion I thought it was "time" to try some journalling.
My notes per se are sketchy,to say the least;so I thought I'd try the old cut & move method like the kids in pre-school....about my level too!

Comments in the press recently about releasing water from storage back into the Murray River is the theme I'm endeavouring to develop:
What the Murray wetlands are like now----dead trees,blue-green algae,the whole disaster.
Will LIFE wash back into this icon or will it improve,only in artworks?

This is my second attempt.....it's amazing what a difference a change of colour in the back ground makes.
The first time it was with an off-white background;maybe a streaky green might work. Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Calidore said...

Hey I'm impressed. There isn't a snowflakes chance in anywhere, that I would/could create anything like that. Keep posting pics - would love to see how your work develops.

pinup said...

What a clever little bunny! Again!
It really is a work of art.....

Nanette said...

Really like this Mauz, the colours are great and the topic too - nothing like a bit of political art work vbg

Can you tell us a bit about the how,what and why, thanks :)

Margaret said...

Maureen, I tooo would like to know how you did it, please. I need lessons in "how to do ".

Conni said...

This is wonderful! I'm seeing an enchanted forest and the dark background pulls you in...

Di said...

I'm almost waiting for the swampy monster to appear. It's brilliant and thank you for the 'how I did it'.

Di