Saturday, March 18, 2006

knit,stitch,distress!

 

Well,that was the intention!
(I was attempting to follow Helen Cowna's directions as I'd blogged on Thursday,March 16.)

But.........
Yet again I've learned that I should read
re-read, and
read again....
before starting a project.

I knit the Sari yarn block......no problem there!
I laid the knit block on a toning cotton fabric block;I overlaid the Sari block with a couple of layers of (synthetic) sheers,and then--------
instead of using a heat gun,I attacked it all with a soldering iron!

Okay,I distressed the block.......without a doubt; But.......
for starters,I should never have laid such a light coloured fabric over the darker ones,and
NEXT time,I'll read the directions,and use a heat gun!

In the meantime,I'll see if I can excise that upper light coloured layer.
Watch this space.................. Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Nanette said...

What's it FOR, Mauz ??? Or are you just playing - needle felting in one hand, soldering iron in the other vbg

Jane said...

Maybe not as intended, but it's interesting.

Margaret said...

A maze ????? or amaz ing

Margaret