Thursday, March 16, 2006

Needle Felting






I think I mentioned that I received a (dry) Needle felting kit from Rita the other day.
What I didn't say was that I have never actually seen needle felting "in the flesh";
I've only seen pics on the Web,and I do have troubles conceptualising the HOW of new tecniques.
So,despite the fact that I haven't shown you whatis the kit I present my first attempts.
Because I wanted to produce a tree for a particular project that's what I started with!
The choice of dark brown felt sheeting for the background was nota good idea,but I thought a non woven background fabric maight be helpful.

Then I thought that a chunky abstract piece might be a better/easier idea

2 comments:

Emmy said...

hello
I see you are on the way, you wil go there , to help you more ,do you like to get one of the post cards I made, of the needle felting then you can see and feel it .I am not the best but you can see what I am doing in

Nanette said...

Good going Mauz, your tree's great. Keep practising, you'll have it in no time.

BTW - nothing from the postie yet :(