Saturday, September 02, 2006

Fabric & Fibre Postcards:Day 17

More fibre than fabric,
Kay Susan posted this Paisley beauty to 6x4 lives as her August posting.


.......and this is what she said:
To me, paisley suggests richness of colour and design and I decided to experiment with traditional crewel work. I started off in the traditional way, but gradually the embellishments crept in!


SharonB of inaminuteago has also submitted a paisley based stitchery for her August card.

The wools used in Kay Susan's card are such gloriously rich colours,that I'm tempted to try it out some crewel work again......if I can find where I filed my stash....(I have a sneaky feeling that I sent them to a better home some time back.)

2 comments:

NormaH said...

I love what you've done with the colors and design. Never would have thought to do paisley this way.

Susan said...

I like the way it finished. What fun you are all having!