Monday, January 10, 2005

An Autumn idea

In a weak moment,I committed to "an Autumn Swap"! The only criteria was that it must have an autumnal theme.
Naturally I first thought in terms of CQ,and to this end,constructed a naked block in tones of rust,gold ,brown & green yesterday and commenced embellishing it last night whilst "watching" the current episode of Compass on ABC TV..(I have in mind to construct a Needlebook from this block)
Of course,today dawns, and further ideas are sending my creative juices into over-drive;
As I'm unsure what my swappees likes and dislikes are,I'm now toying with the idea of a "Herb Trivet",which can be used either as a wallhanging or,more practically,as a trivet for hot dishes.
My idea is to have a central block of tea-dyed homespun and using suitable coloured threads embroider
The
falling
leaves
Drift
by my window........

The 9 inch square will be set on point,with a pieced maple leaf set in upper & lower corners----or,maybe instead,a couple of leaves (as in my Grassfire quilt) hanging loosely;
Each of the four sides will have four scallops of rust fabric edged in gold,and at the back/base of the block will be a pocket to contain a sachet of herbs.

Question to self: Are you going to complete CQ BEFORE embarking on the Trivet???

2 comments:

Unknown said...

very nice blog! ;)

Maureen said...

Thanks FFreddie!
Now if I can only conquer adding pics I'll be "happy"!