Sunday, January 09, 2005

UFOs

Anyone who says they have no UFOs is either a saint..or a liar!(Like the oldies who croak out that they've been married forever and never had a cross word!!!)
Since becoming involved with Needlework in its various forms I have built up a stash of UFOs.......Hardanger,Stumpwork,and quilts!! The number is irrelevant,but is less than ten;that's all I'll admit to,anyway! :-)

Each New Year I try to convince myself to reduce the mountain of WiPs......works cast aside for one reason or another,and 2005 has been no different;but...........!!
January9: I have completed one Redwork wall quilt! Yeehaaaaaaaa!
Commenced in 2003 as a memento for PasCol of their six months exploring Oz

(see Swozzies tour) on http://www.rascal.ch/travels/index.html

The "piece"consists of Redwork embroidered Australian flora & fauna surrounding a map of Oz.....with their route marked.

NEXT: That "Starry,starry skies" pieced quilt(to be):Frog stitch that reverse block and replace said block and maybe the quilt will finally be sandwiched,quilted and bound.
Then,a little R&R! Back to CQ for a while.
Can't get too virtuous can I?

No comments: