Sunday, October 01, 2006

Fabric and fibre Postcards: Day 44



Window Template :
A tool I use regularly with my Crazy Quilting is a "window template"
or viewing tool.
In the case of fabric postcards the template window measures 6 by 4 inches and is cut from a piece of matt board.
(I normally use black card for this but as its gone walkabout at the moment ,the grey will do to illustrate its purpose!

Initially make your postcard / fabric block larger than required....e.g 5 by 7 inches instead of your finished 6x4 size.
Having made your 5x7 fabirc postcard,place your template over it to decide where is the best area of the design.

Hint: If you use an A4 sized cardstock,you will be able to to make two template windows by first cutting the stock in half and cutting the 6x4 window in the centre of the resulting 5 and a half by 8 and a half inch pieces. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Helen in the UK said...

I use a window tool for my PCs and fabric ATCs. I find it a great help for positioning images, trims, etc :)

The Lone Beader® said...

Your fibre postcards are a neat idea. Can you actually mail them??

Maybe I should make a beaded one. LOL