Sunday, May 20, 2007

Plus sized Inchies P.S.I.


Another project I'm working on........for the Fibre Art Traders (aka FAT) are these "plus sized Inchies".

Instead of constructing and embellishing one inch fabric and fibre squares as I attempted for Textile_Challenges,these are each 1.5 inch square---a much easier size.

Also,instead of needing to make several batches in different colours, it was required that we make 25 squares in the colour of choice.
As I'm already waiting for Inchies in midnight blue and silver,I chose to repeat this in order that I can combine the two sizes.

I also learned by experience, that if I wished to used a stabiliser or batting,something like a (soft) Pellon was preferable if I wished to hand embellish rather than by machine.

I've used several fabrics: velvet,lame' type fabric and a taffeta.
Embellishments include hot fix Swarovski crystals;
laser mesh;
Angelina fibres
Beading in various shapes,FME with metallic silver thread,and some handstitched silver DMC.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: