Thursday, September 28, 2006

Fabric and fibre Postcards: Day 41

 
 
 

Only today's post refers to ATCs (Artists' Trading cards for the uninitiated) rather than Postcards
(PCs are 6x 4 inches dimension----ATCs are 2.5 by 3.5 inches.)

Back about August 9 on one of my other blogs CQCRAZY (http://cqcrazy.blogspot.com/)
I showed my first ATC made with a (Japanese) Haiku theme/interpretation.
Today's mail delivered four ATCs to me as the result of a Swap hosted by DianaB of Australia_NZ_Artquilters group.
Each card came from a different fabric and fibre artist,and interpreted a Haiku chosen by each person...........it has given me a wonderful insight into how other interpret and translate another's "thoughts" into fabric and fibre.

The four lower (orange) cards were my efforts for the Swap:
I used the same Obi fabric in the four cards,and chose to interpret two Haiku.
Because in 'things Japanese'I believe that 'less is more'I tried to remain minimalistic in my interpretation. Posted by Picasa

No comments: