Sunday, September 24, 2006

Fabric postcards: Day 38

 

NO Postcards today, but these eye candies instead!
Slightly larger than postcards,these beauties are in a 12 inch square format.

Today I visited "Up Over and Down Under". an international textile art Exhibition.
It is a collaborative exhibition of 100 artworks by the "Australian Textile Arts & Surface Design Association" and the Fiberarts Guild of Pittsburgh,USA.

I was blown away by the varied forms of textile art........the exhibition was excellent.
As today was the last day for the Brisbane showing,I urge anyone who can manage it,to visit when it opens in the Orange Regional Gallery Orange NSW between October 20 and Nov 19.

The six works depicted here are by Kay Haerland Margaret Bullock
Marj Long Leslie & Tanya Calhoun
Sharyn Hall , Gloria Allport

(At least that is what my notes said!)
I have to wait a while before I can get a colour catalogue mailed to me...

The exhibition covered a most diverse field of textile art:
From silk fusion,mulberry paper,felted vessels;beading; Gesso stiffened manipulated muslin;weaving ....the list goes on!

It is so difficult to decide on a favourite:Dewi Wong's "night out on the Town" with bobbin lace,copper wire,silk,cotton and metallic thread is one:

Another would have to be
silk screen image and poem hand stitched machine digitsed.and Etching on Perspex;

Gloria Muddle's "Fanfare" with fabric,lace,handmade paper,metallic fibres,beads and jewellery findings was a Mandala of Celebration I'd dearly like to emulate.
I could go on and on,but.......
three cats and one husband are proclaiming how hungry they are! Posted by Picasa

No comments: